Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

ABC Monsters

Let me just tell you, I am counting down the hours until Fall Break. My goodness. I think it will do me and my kids a world of good! They have been acting like they have never seen a classroom before!

We are in the process of wrapping up our alphabet book unit. Our last activity was to create monsters with each letter of the alphabet--they turned out adorable!

(Excuse the extremely poor picture quality!)

This is Cambambula. He eats just about everything and has fangs.

This is Lavagirl. She squirts lava from her sides, has 37 eyes, and her necklace gives her power.

They each had to create a monster whose name started with their particular letter.  We went through a few drafts on creating our monsters, then they dictated a few sentences for me to type.

I wish I could put all of their pictures up! I was so proud of their creativity! There were monsters with extra stomachs, arms, eyes, and even one shaped like a pear. There were some scary monsters, and some nice monsters. It was a great way to wrap up our ABC book unit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment