Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 13, 2013

Five for Friday

It's Friday!! It felt like the longest week ever. That's the downside to short weeks, the next week always seems so long!

1. This week we have been learning about apples! I was the worst at taking pictures though. I'm still doing good to just make it through the day, much less with pictures from the day! But...we investigated apples, labeled apples, and made applesauce! All of our activities can be found in my apple unit!


2. We also did our first shared writing about what we learned about apples! This one was their ideas, but my writing. Later I plan to have them do some of the writing, but I wanted them to see it first.

3. Our first grade team is trying something new this year. We leveled all of the first graders, then had them rotate between each teacher for 20 minutes for some more focused instruction. We tried it today for the first time, and it was great! They did really well and seemed to get a lot out of it! My focus was nonsense words, so we played Nonsense Word Tic Tac Toe!


4. My first evaluation of the year is on Monday! It's crazy to think about! I feel like it is still the first week of school. Hopefully my class will cooperate for a bit!

5. Have you ever heard of Sit Spots? I ordered some and am hoping they come in next week! I am so excited to use them! This group does not quite understand carpet time...

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment