Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 8, 2013

Five for Friday!

Happy Friday! I could not be more excited that it is Friday. I have been trying to fight off a cold all week, so I'm hoping to finally get rid of it this weekend! Here's hoping! To celebrate Friday, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!



1. I'm dying for a new blog design! I have been stalking researching other blogs like crazy looking for the best option. I'm wanting something custom, but not outrageously expensive. Any suggestions?! Who designed your blog?

2. Our class spent this week learning all about eating healthy (with the help of Amy Lemon and Kathy Green's unit)! We had such a great time and learned a LOT! They even got to where they would stop teachers in the hallway and tell them good job for eating a healthy snack! They're beyond precious.



3. I ordered a few teacher books last week while Scholastic was having a sale on Common Core books. I've been looking through The Complete Year in Reading and Writing and it's getting me so excited for next year! I already have so many ideas on how to make some things better in our classroom.



4. I have started working on my classroom inventory. We have to fill one out before the end of March, and I can't find the one that the teacher that used to be in my room did. So I'm starting from scratch. Listing EVERYTHING in my room. Overwhelming to say the least. At least I don't have too much stuff collected since it's my first year.

5. I have been getting totally spoiled by the weather in Oklahoma this week! Sunny and 60s! Spring better stay around! This girl is t.i.r.e.d. of winter.


Happy weekend! Only 5 school days until Spring Break!!

4 comments:

  1. We only get a 3 day Spring Break, with parent-teacher conferences before the break. Boo! So I am a little jealous of all my friends who get the whole week off. We get Fridays off in May though, and most of my friends have school.... so I won't be crying then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I have never heard of a schedule like that! I would love to have Fridays off, but I can't imagine only 3 days for Spring Break.

      Delete
  2. Hi, hopped over from the comment you left on my giveaway!! I too, really want a new blog design. Currently, I am using a free design by "Blog Designs by Dani." I desperately want a custom design though but haven't had the extra money. I think I'm leaning toward using "Dreamlike Magic." Every Sunday I feature a post called "Bloomin' Blogger Sundays" where I post a weekly tip or how-to for bloggers! Tomorrow I'll be featuring great blog designers! Be sure to stop by and check it out! Congrats on your first year of teaching! Thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be sure to read tomorrow! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete