Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Long Week and a Blog Button!

This has been a crazy week, to say the least. Between DIBELS, two fire alarms, lots of sick kids, and a pep assembly, my students were off the walls. 

In the mean time, I have been trying to figure out exactly what I want Daily 5 
to look like in our room. We have been talking about it and practicing since school started, but I still have some kids who can't read to themselves for more than 3 minutes. We will see how it goes next week when we start centers!

Despite all this, my kids make me laugh and make me happy to be at work everyday! We reviewed letter sounds this week, and while discussing the short i sound, one student pointed out that my name had the short i sound. I wrote Cranfill on the board with the rest of our list and praised them for their great job. Another student then jumped in to say my first name had the short i sound too. When I asked him what my first name was, he responded "Ms." All I could do was laugh. It took a little bit to explain that that was not my real name. My kids make me laugh everyday.


To celebrate my long weekend, I came home to visit my family and "relax" with my mountain of school work I brought with me. Of course, I have only marked off about 2 things off my list, but it has been wonderful and crazy, just like my family. 
This afternoon, I came home to find this.

 

Isn't he the cutest?! My brothers and some boys in the neighborhood found him. 


Me with Chipper, the baby squirrel! 


I also finally got my blog button to work! I found a great tutorial at Teacher Blogging Basics, but I couldn't get the size right. After lots of trial and error, I finally got it right! And I'm so glad with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment