Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Reading Response

This week has been so good! Granted we have only had two days of school, but I will celebrate any bit of good! My students are finally getting the hang of Daily 5 rotations and we are finally getting into a solid schedule. On top of all of that, I am feeling a little more prepared myself! I am not at school every night until 6 anymore. I am planning a week in advance instead of a day in advance. All is good!

Of course I say that now. I have my first observation conference with my principal in a few days, and I am sure that that will give me a million more things to work on that I have not noticed. Until then, I will live in my Mary Poppins "practically perfect in every way" world.

Our school has started something new this year. Every class is assigned to picture frames that are lined around the cafeteria. The students write a review about a book they have read to share with the school. I am so excited to see all of the frames filled! 


This is what the page my students fill out looks like. I'm starting out pretty basic, and hopefully by next semester I can add more writing lines. On each page, they will write the title and author of the book, rate how much they liked it, and write a little bit about why they liked it or didn't like it.


This week, we are working with LMNO Peas for our alphabet book unit. If you have never read it, it's adorable! We will be making our own class book later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment