Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Do You Like To Party?

This week, we are reading Eating the Alphabet. I was originally worried that the students would not like this book as much as another (I mean, it's about fruits and vegetables)--but I was so wrong! They loved the pictures and telling about their favorite fruits and vegetables! We talked about our favorite foods and decided whether they were healthy or not. Today, we did a fruits and vegetables scavenger hunt in grocery ads. 





My room was a mess by the end of the day, but they loved the activity! And it led to some great phonics discussions.


On another totally unrelated note--
After my students finish their daily assignment at their work on writing station, they have the option to write Ms. Cranfill a letter. They LOVE to write me letters! It is their chance to ask me questions and tell me things about them. At the end of the day, I write them back, and they have a letter waiting for them when they get back the next morning (also a great way to model letter writing). Today, I got this letter--

Dear Ms. Cranfill, Do you like to party?


I saw this and died laughing. I asked the student to tell me about his picture. He said it was a picture of his birthday party, so we are wearing birthday hats and standing by his birthday cake. ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment