Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 24, 2012

Math Activity and a Funny Story

We finished our Laura Numeroff unit this week. My students saw that there were other books by her that we didn't read, and of course that was all they could talk 
about all afternoon. They BEGGED for me to buy the books so they could read them.

Check out this math activity from the Jennifer Tice's Laura Numeroff unit
I was so excited about how well they all did!


So now to my funny story of the day:
After recess, one of my students was picking rocks out of his shoes. Later, he comes up to tell me that he has a rock in his ear. I checked, and sure enough, there was one of the small rocks that are on our playground! I asked him how it got there and he said he put it there! Poor kid told me that he was having trouble hearing, and that's when he figured it was probably a bad idea. They got it out though, so it ended up ok! 

Happy weekend! Mine will be spent leveling the books in our classroom. Yay for weekend days spent in the classroom! Maybe one day I won't have to do that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment